Deadline to submit the 2017-2018 application and accompanying materials is:
December 11, 2017
Every year CAEOP gives out a scholarships to students who wish to continue their education pursuing a course of study in higher education. This year, CAEOP was able to award a scholarship to a very deserving young lady. This young lady spends her time involved in as well as volunteering for:
- American Red Cross
- Change the World, Creator and President
- Campus Revolution
- ASB Treasurer
- The Unity Secretary
The 2016-2017 Scholarship Winner comes from John F. Kennedy Middle College High School in the Corona Norco Unified School District.
CAEOP Scholarship Criteria:
► Applicant must be a graduating high school student who has made application to continue his/her education OR the applicant may currently be pursuing such a course of study in an institution of higher education.
► Applicant must have maintained a grade point average of 2.0 or better in high school.
► Applicant must have applied for admission to a post-high school accredited institution and plan to enter following the granting of the scholarship, or already be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
► Applicant must be a resident of the State of California.
► Applicant must intend to continue his/her education in the field of business administration or education.
► Applicant shall be responsible for the completion and return of all required support materials to the CAEOP Scholarship Chairman before the deadline date.
- All units shall be computed in semester hours.
- College credit in terms of quarter hours will be translated into semester hours by using the following formula: double quarter credit, divided by three.
- For non-college credit taken, fifteen (15) hours of work shall be equivalent to one semester unit of credit.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the Member Re-Entry Scholarship Application
- Request two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from your administrator and one from a colleague, indicating appraisal of your qualifications and degree of success.
The California Association of Educational Office Professionals’ Re-Entry Scholarship is available to members wanting to further their education. The scholarship is awarded directly to the recipient to assist with tuition and/or educational expenses. The member/recipient must plan to carry a minimum class schedule equivalent to three semester college units to pursue advancement in their chosen career. The award will be presented to the recipient when proof of enrollment in a post-high school program or college is received. The approved monies are valid only for the academic year (fall, winter, spring, summer) following the awarding of the scholarship.
AN APPLICANT MUST:
- Be a United States Citizen,
- Be an individual who plans to enter or is currently enrolled in a post-high school or college program, accredited online, or accelerated program,
- Be currently employed as an educational office employee,
- Be an active dues-paying member of CAEOP in good standing for a minimum of two (2) years,
- Be planning to carry a minimum class schedule equivalent to three (3) semester college units,
- Not be a previous recipient of this award.
Jasmine carillo serrato
Jasmine was awarded a $1000 scholarship for her selflessness and success throughout high school. This young lady was such a joy to meet and we wish her a lifetime of success.
CAEOP Scholarship Chairman
Perris Union High School District
Student Services Center
1151 North ‘A’ Street
PH: 951 943-6369 Ext.81209 | FAX: 951 943-9594