Every year CAEOP hosts a poster contest just for elementary school students. The pride and joy that is shown on the winning student's faces is one that will melt your heart. These kids work really hard on their posters and it shows. In the 2016-2017 school year the poster contest theme was "What I like best about my school..."
Categories: Grades K-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th
1st Place - $75 2nd Place - $50 3rd Place - $25
The following students were state winners for the 2016-2017 poster contest:
Grades K – 2
First Place – Kyleigh Wright
Second Place – Peyton Gardner
Third Place – McKay Pack
Grades 3 - 4
First Place – Andrea Gomez
Second Place – Aldo Elias
Third Place – Emmanuel Cardenas
Grades 5 - 6
First Place – Belen Beltran
Second Place – Jennifer Ontiveros
Third Place – Brooke Maxwell
Student posters were based on originality and creativity. Students had to follow the following guidelines to be considered a contender.
- Open to any student in Grades K-6 in a California elementary school.
- Posters should be on a 9x12 white construction paper ONLY.
- Student should create posters using only original artwork and lettering illustrating the contest theme "What I like best about my school."
- Students should use bold, bright, brilliant colors using colored pencils, pens, markers, water colors, chalk, acrylic paint or crayons.
- Posters should be drawn horizontally.
- No computer or trademark art, copyrighted characters, photographs, glitter, yarn, or fabric. No stenciled or manufactured stick-on or press-on letters are permitted. Doing so will disqualify the students work.