These kids work really hard on their posters and it shows. In the 2016-2017 school year the poster contest theme was "What I like best about my school..."
2016/2017 Poster Contest Award Winners
Every year CAEOP hosts a poster contest just for elementary school students. The pride and joy that is shown on the winning student's faces is one that will melt your heart. This year's theme;
"Being Nice Matters"
Poster Contest Criteria
Student posters were based on originality and creativity. Students had to follow the following guidelines to be considered a contender.
- Open to any student in Grades K-6 in a California elementary school.
- Posters should be on a 9x12 white construction paper ONLY.
- Student should create posters using only original artwork and lettering illustrating the contest theme "What I like best about my school."
- Students should use bold, bright, brilliant colors using colored pencils, pens, markers, water colors, chalk, acrylic paint or crayons.
- Posters should be drawn horizontally.
- No computer or trademark art, copyrighted characters, photographs, glitter, yarn, or fabric. No stenciled or manufactured stick-on or press-on letters are permitted. Doing so will disqualify the students work.
Categories: Grades K-2nd, 3rd-4th, 5th-6th
1st Place - $75 2nd Place - $50 3rd Place - $25
The following students were state winners for the 2016-2017 poster contest:
Grades K – 2
First Place – Kyleigh Wright
Second Place – Peyton Gardner
Third Place – McKay Pack
Grades 3 - 4
First Place – Andrea Gomez
Second Place – Aldo Elias
Third Place – Emmanuel Cardenas
Grades 5 - 6
First Place – Belen Beltran
Second Place – Jennifer Ontiveros
Third Place – Brooke Maxwell